Are your child’s toys safe? What about other children’s products in use in your home?
There are hundreds of child product recalls every year. It’s almost impossible to keep track of all of them.
According to the Consumer protection Safety Commission-there were an estimated 251,800 children under the age of five treated in U.S emergency rooms for toy-related injuries last year. This does not include injuries involving other child-use products or injuries to children over 5 years of age.
Child Product Recall Cases & Examples
Just a few of the many 2016 child product recalls:
- Bednest recalled bedside infant sleepers due to fall hazard.
- Hobby Lobby recalled infant rattles due to choking hazard
- Hobby Lobby recalled infant pacifier due to choking hazard
- Twin Go recalled baby carriers due to fall hazard
- Nap Nanny infant recliner: posed risk of suffocation, entrapment and falls resulting in death
- Playtex pacifier holder clips: risk of choking resulting from cracking and breaking of product
- Graco child seats: latch defects making quick release difficult in the event of accidents
A youngster may suffer anything from bruises to lacerations. Defective products can lead to choking, fractured bones, brain damage, head injury, suffocation, and asphyxiation.
Dangerous infant and nursery products can take many shapes, but you need to be on the alert for certain signs, such as:
- Lack of warning labels or instructions for safe use
- Existence of strings or straps that could result in strangulation
- Small buttons that child can remove that might cause choking
What You Should Know
Product testing and manufacturing standards are often not stringent enough. Check with the Consumer Product Safety Commission often. The Commission regularly issues child product recalls.
If the unthinkable occurs and your youngster suffers a serious injury due to a dangerous toy or infant product, a skilled Texas product recall lawyer is your best friend.
There are hoards of products that can put kids at risk. Children can get injured by things you may never have thought about as being hazardous.
If your child has been injured, call us right away. There is no expiration date on child product recalls, but there is a statute of limitations on lawsuits.
Protect Your Rights
The advice of a good lawyer can help you determine your best possible options when recovering from child product recalls and making sure your rights and best interests are protected. The Texas child product recall lawyers at the Law Offices of Garcia & Ochoa can help answer all of those questions. We recognize that everyone is an individual and that not every case is the same. For 28 years, our firm has been helping people across the country obtain the justice and compensation they deserve.